Is it Safe?
Homœopathy is gentle and safe. According to the World Health Organisation, it is the second largest healing system in use today. While homœopathy is most popular in India and South America, over 30 million people in Europe benefit from it. Millions use it all around the world.
Why is Homœopathy Popular?
- Homœopathic treatment works with the body's self-regulating process to help the body heal itself.
- The focus is on the whole person rather than the disease label.
- The homœopath takes into consideration all aspects of the patient's case; physical, mental and emotional.
- The treatment is holistic rather than reductionistic. The focus is on the totality rather than the parts.
- The homœopathic remedy specifically matches the patient.
- Homœopathic treatment is gentle and subtle yet profoundly effective.
- Homœopathic treatment is non-toxic.
- Homœopathic remedies are not addictive.
- Homœopathy can be prescribed alongside other types of medicine.
- Homœopathic remedies are not tested on animals.
Did you Know?
- Homœopathy is part of the healthcare systems of France, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland and Portugal.
- Homœopathy has been available on the British NHS since 1948.
- There are over 3,000 registered homœopaths in the UK.
- Scientific research demonstrates homeopathy is an effective form of treatment.
- Homœopathy is endorsed by the Indian government.
- India has over 200,000 registered homœopaths, 215 homœopathic hospitals and 7,000 homœopathic dispensaries.
- There are approximately 12,000 homœopaths in Brazil.
- South African universities offer Masters Degrees in homœopathy.
- Homœopathy is officially recognised in the United Arab Emirates, Pakistan, Singapore, Russia and New Zealand.
- In Dubai 24% of alternative medicine visits are for homœopathy.
- After witnessing the radical results of homeopathy with malaria and other tropical diseases, the Tanzanian Ministry of Health fully embraced homœopathy as one of the official medicines of Tanzania.
- Homœopathy is popular in Argentina, Iceland, Australia, Egypt, and Tunisia among other countries.
- The earliest record of masking and placebo in medicine study was conducted in 1885 at the American Institute of Homœopathy (AIH) World Congress, about 40 years before these approaches were conducted by conventional medicine.
- Samuel Hahnemann's Memorial, constructed by the US Army Corps of Engineers, stands in Washington D.C. today. It was dedicated by the AIH. The inauguration ceremony was attended by US President William Mckinley as guest of honour on June 21, 1900.
- Americans Presidents who strongly supported homœopathy include:
- Abraham Lincoln
- Rutherford B. Hayes
- James A. Garfield
- William Mckinley
- Public figures who use, support or have supported homœopathy include: